Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-09-19

Creative Gym - Exercise #12

Are you ready for new Creative Gym?
We are back with new challenge and amazing inspirations for you!

'Proverbs & Sayings' 

You may create any type of art inspired by proverb or saying. 
From cards to layouts, altered art and journal pages... be free and create some art!


(Proverb - is a simple and concrete saying, popularly known and repeated.)

This month challenge is run by our talented Janka.




Hello mixed media fans!
Proverbs & Sayings are leading us through everyday life. There is lots of love, experience and truth in them.
Have you got your favourite one ?



My art speaks about gifts and people. You will find people with no money but with big hearts giving most precious gifts. You will find some rich ones who will accept the gift with big pride and respect, which will keep their gift in a very special place, they will see a HUMAN in those gifts.    
The value of the gifts depends on the size of the donor heart.



I stamped a lot by using my favourite black Archival Ink. I created textures with an old jagged canvas.








The woman-horse on the photo was my inspiration for this journal. The saying is in latin:
EQUI DONATI DENTES NON INSPICIUNTUR (Never look a gift-horse in the mouth.)

I am looking forward to see your makes with your favourite proverbs & sayings!
Janka

Products from Mixed Media Place:




'Finally I understand little things are the most important in life'. I chose this simple but very important for me quote, because it represents what I'm trying to do in my life this period. 


I wanted to place the photo with the quote on a house. Don't ask me why, I just had this vision. Maybe the house is the symbol of the enduring values of our life. So, I took a piece of balsa wood and cut a house shape with my scissors. I painted the edges with the Gathered Twig Distress Stain and the rest of it with the Celedon Silk. 


 To alter the chipboard pieces I used the Honey Amber silk and Black Heavy gesso. I glued them on the painted house, then I glued the photo with a folded old paper and last the metal embellishments.


Finally I glued the hole composition on some stamped pages from an old book and all these on a cardboard in the same size. The last thing to do was to wrap a twine all around the project.


Athanasia 

Products from Mixed Media Place:





Hello Sweeties,

Today, it's something a little different that I want to share with you.
It's been a while that I wanted to try to make something in the style of Christy Tomlinson, Donna Downey, Shawn Petite, these effects of hurdy-gurdies paints which flake, of posters which overlap... Those who know me know that I like to keep control, that's why I adore Twinkling H2O and I rarely use spray-ink :) . And there I had fun... I adored making this little canvas, but I have to admit that I was inspired by Shawn Petite for this first try, even if I added my personal touch
 


I started to glue some scrap of paper with the Soft Matte Gel. Then I added several colors of paint taking care to dry between each layer, different designs with different stencils,...


Then I draw the Heart, before painting it in ivory and adding some shadow with a charcoal pen. 




With a stencil, I draw some flowers on the heart. I colorized just some of them with different Silks. I colorized also some flowers that i created with the White Crackle Paste.



Products from Mixed Media Place:





For this Creative Gym Challenge exercise I made another Art Journal using mostly Archival Ink on the background to get the colors I wanted.
And of course some stamps and stencils.



On this page I used Black Gelato for my text, and added some water to blend. Love the look when it’s not too “correct” .





I also added some of the gelato on the large Finnabair stamp (on the right side) to get some shadows/depth.





This stamp was just perfect for the text/Proverb. 





Products from Mixed Media Place:





What a wonderful challenge
The first phrase that jumped in my mind was “one flew over a cuckoo’s nest” but then I started to think about proverbs. You know that feeling when you just need to remember something and your head is just blank? So luckily there’s Google to help! I just typed in “English proverbs” and found a site that had 50 different listed. I didn’t need to read long before I had made my choice. 

“The pen is mightier than the sword” was my starting point for the piece but it could also be “Don’t judge a book by its cover” or “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure”. The vocal point is a pencil but as I’ve used covers of an old book as my base I get “Two birds with one stone”. And just by using the findings from my Mixed Media Drawer I’ve gotten the third one, too, as there’s a part from faucet, a rusty nail, broken Lego and so on. 


I adhered the items to the cover using 3D Gel and then added black and clear gesso on top. The coloring is done using Color Bloom mists and Mica powders. To add a little extra something to the cover I also sprinkled Micro Beads on there.


Products from Mixed Media Place:





"Good things come to those who wait" - one of my favourite proverbs. I created a mixed-media project, that will be hanging on my wall. At the background there are lots of beads, microbeads, mica flakes covered by gesso, 3D gloss gel and Viva Decor - Inka Gold Metallic Rub - Gold. Main embellishments are Finnabair Mechanicals and flowers.






Products from Mixed Media Place:



 ----------------------------

Thank you so much for taking part in our August challenge Exercise #11. We are so happy seeing so many sensational entries.
But... there is only one winner:


Nadyunya Olenadole ! 
Be sure to check her blog for more inspirations!




Congratulations!!! Please, contat us at: store(at)mixedmediaplace.com to claim your prize.



You have time to present your works until October 17th. Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below.
Our Design Team will then choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store.


 


9 comments:

  1. Oh my God! I came for new inspiration...
    and here I was waiting for such a surprise! this is great news!!! I am very pleased! it is a great honor for me! thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winner! There are so many great inspirations here, fantastic art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Ndyunya, your page is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Nadyunya! Beautiful work!
    This new challenge/exercise is great, and fantastic inspiration from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful inspiration from the Design Team!
    Thanks for the new challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winner. And, Ladies, there is so much inspiration in each and every one of your pieces - I believe I will try my hand at an entry this time - I love the board and theme. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gracious - you gals outdid yourselves this time. What FABULOUS inspirations. Wow. Going back to look some more. j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the artsy and creative inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.