Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-01-21

Creative Gym #16 + DT Call

Hello mixed media fans!
Today's post will be a little bit different to our usual gym posts as we have some news to share :) but before we do it, let's see first challenge in 2016!


This month challenge is held by our wonderful Pascale
 'New beginnings...'.

You can create any type of project from mixed media pieces like cards and tags, to altered art, assemblage, journals and more. You have a complete freedom... be sure to include theme 'New beginnings...' in your art.
Let's all the wonderful art inspirations and exciting NEWS to share!

Hello Sweeties!
You have certainly heard about Wanderlust 2016 by Everything Art: a year long of online classes with 26 teachers to discover mixed-media and Art Journaling. The page that I want to share today is the result of my first lesson with Kasia.



Those who know me, and how I work, will understand why this page was a true challenge for me, a new beginning. 



For this first class, I had, how to say, to let go. Something I explain very regularly during my classes, but here it was different. I'm not used to work with acrylic paints, at least not like this. I can assure you that the hardest was to begin ...



... but after I applied the first colors, it became very natural and I really enjoyed making this page.




Products from Mixed Media Place:



Next up is our fantastic Riikka.
First thing that came into my head when thinking about “new beginnings” was flowers and plants. So I made a journal spread with three blooms and wrote about my hopes and dreams for the new year. It was really fun to layer different mediums on top of each other and I was actually quite amazed how well the Oil Pastels covered the stamped words underneath the bloom as I didn’t mask it. 








Products from Mixed Media Place:

Time for one and only Marianne.
New year – new beginnings and it’s always a time to start something  new . Like just now!!






Products from Mixed Media Place:


Time for talented Janka.
Size of my project is 8x8'. 
Recently, new beginnings remind me of school, and that is because my son started primary school in this year.
I created a canvas and I made the transfer using gesso - firstly I painted my canvas with white gesso and while still wet I pasted pieces of paper from an old book. 
 
I dried my piece and then I sprinkled some water on top. My next step was to take off the top layer with my finger, until we have left only letter designs (without the paper).  

Lastly I added some stenciling and coloured it with mists from Lindy's Stamp Gang and Ecoline Sepia. As my final touch I added some stamps and picture from a postcard. I splashed whole piece with black Ecoline.


Products from Mixed Media Place:


Thank you so much for taking part in our last challenge
 Exercise #15. We are delighted to see you all joining Creative Gym! 

 And now is the time to see who is the winner?!
 Congratulations to Asia (Aisha) ! Be sure to visit her blog for more amazing projects !
Congratulations!!! Please, contat us at: store(at)mixedmediaplace.com to claim your prize. 
We hope you will join our new challenge ! You have time to present your works until February 17th. Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below.
Our Design Team will then choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store.
Did you see that Mixed Media Place is looking for new designers ?
Would you like to be part of our creative team ?
Check this out and apply today: missmoth1@gmail.com
 
One more news!
Mixed Media Place is on Instagram!
Give us a follow, here is the link :)
https://www.instagram.com/mixed_media_place/



15 comments:

  1. Woooohooo Thank U Thank U !!!Im so happy that You choose my bottle :D Love all projects DT for new challenge !
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely amazing! Very lovely creations. I and my co-workers from http://jessicamcneil.co.uk wonder how did you make that bottle look so nice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank U Jessica:) On my blog is short tutorial how to altered bottle :) http://aisha-magicart.blogspot.com/2016/01/steampunk-altered-bottle.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Aisha!! Stunning!
    Awesome Projects from the team as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aisha is the best all over the Universe...and she is my colleague

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winner. THat bottle is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderous designs from the talented DT! So many different ideas and spectacular pieces in one place! Congeats to the winner! Excited about the DT call as well! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Applied for the team (fingers crossed)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy viewing your blog, and as a new Beginning, I will enter, finally! Great inspiration pieces from the Design Team and big congrats to Asia! What a fabulous bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creations and I've been inspired to have a go too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What amazing pages, very inspiring challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just realized that my blog is under consruction and the link to my layout, presented for the challenge, doesn´t work. I am sorry for inconvenience. The project is still available on my other blog here:
    10. Magic Attic Maria http://magicatticdesign.blogspot.com.ee/2016/01/mixed-media-layout-at-peace.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice blog.
    Thanks for sharing more informative and wonderful article.
    gyms in hanson ma

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.