Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-03-20

Dream on... - March challenge

Creativity needs wings and hates routine. We want your creative juices to flow, so we decided to surprise you a little bit this month, and instead of our regular Creative Gym, we have a moodboard for you :)


You can create anything you want - a tag, a layout, a card, an off-the-page project, a card, an ATC, an art-journal spread, a canvas and many more - just be inspired by our moodboard and put it in your blogpost showing your entry.

Here is inspiration delivered by our fabulous team:




I decided to play in my journal page and I also have a video tutorial for you:) I have to admit that colors of the moodboard were challenging for me but I love challenges as they help me to grow;) 


In this project I used new acrylic paints by Finnabair but also, new in the shop: chipboards by Scrapiniec:) Enjoy! 







Here is my video for you:



Supplies from Mixed Media Place:





My Happy Place Don’t you just love this gorgeous moodboard? It is just beautiful, calming and so inspiring. I loved it’s words and meaning and found making art from it just a dream (haha, see what I did there? :) ).



I used some new Finnabar goodies… Art Stones anyone? They’re so yummy!!



Also, the clear pebbles are also gorgeous, and act like a little magnifying glass to pick up what colour or texture you have underneath - love that!!



Of course, some of my usuals with the Glitter Glass and Micro Beads. Once everything is dry, you can go over with a coat of gesso ready to let your paints ‘play’ over the top. I chose the Happy Place sign because right now I am in a happy place, being here part of this team, but also when I go into the 'art zone’ and the rest of the world drops away and all that is left is me and my project.



Have fun with the challenge, and remember to just enjoy the creating process!
Hugs Georgie xx

Supplies from Mixed Media Place:









An awesome, soft and elegant moodboard this month. So beautiful and adorable!! I was inspired by the butterfly photo, the whole color palette and the leaves on the bottom line of the moodboard, to create a canvas.



I have played with metallic paints and paper flowers, crackle, gesso, mica powders and acrylic paints...







I don't know if i inspired you, but i enjoyed every single moments playing with this canvas.


Supplies from Mixed Media Place:




Hello! I have had so much fun drawing inspiration from this dreamy mood board. I layered fabrics (lace and burlap) with bumpy cardboard and a layer of gesso.



I wanted there to be shades of purples and blues -- and of course, butterflies!



To make the butterflies, I folded a piece of paper in half and made a quick sketch of one butterfly wing and half of the body. Then, I cut it out and painted it with Art alchemy paint and black gesso.




I hope you enjoy my interpretation of this dream filled mood board!


Supplies from Mixed Media Place:







Hello Dear creative souls.

Today I would like to show you my first Challenge piece created for Mixed Media Place. 



We have an inspirational moodboard, that is really beautiful. Inspired by it, I created a canvas. 



This is not my "comfort zone" if we are talking about colors, but I loved working on this piece. 



First I covered my canvas with medical tape. Then I have used gesso and I had fun with two stencils and texture Paste White Crackle and White Sand. Then I have added some of embellishments Metals.



I made a mixture with Mica Powder Blue and Art Basics - 3D Matte Gel  to apply on the canvas. I had fun with powders and water. I did not forget about flowers and some micro beads and voila !!!

I wish you a good viewing :)

And here is my video:




Supplies from Mixed Media Place:



* * *


Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until April 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of April.

Have a great day!



10 comments:

  1. Amazing work Grils I love all projects and beautiful Videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, our first challenge post!!Amazing work ladies...So glad to have met you and joined this superb team...Great inspiration for all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies - all of the projects are so very gorgeous! And, I watched each wonderful video - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous it that mood board and all of the DTs fantabulous designs! This has been calling to me Since this morning when I read this post. Awesome sauce and Wowzers to each of you! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing projects!!! Thanks for sharing!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful mood board and such fabulous inspiration pieces from the Design Team! I can't wait to see each one up close! Love that you are including videos--what a treat! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this palette is so soft and dreamy. Thank you for the inspiration ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous projects! Thank you for the inspiration, ladies))
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.