Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-04-20

April challenge - Creative Gym #18

April is in full bloom and we would like to invite you to play with us - our monthly challenge is very much about hope, because April is time, when everything in nature grows up and we have to be patient, to see the effects of that growth :) So 

Be patient. The best things happen unexpectedly.


You can create anything you want - a tag, a layout, a card, an off-the-page project, a card, an ATC, an art-journal spread, a canvas and many more - just be inspired by our quote and put our challenge banner in your blogpost showing your entry.


Here is an inspiration delivered by our fabulous team:


This photo was taken on one of the beaches of Goa. Once my husband and I decided to walk along the beach, which is 10 km long!  And we wandered, as I understand, on the territory, where the rest only Hindus. These are people from the depths of the peninsula, which arguably arrived at the beach as first ones, and, of course, for the first time on this beach, they saw white people! They came up to me a very polite girl and modestly asked in English if they can take a picture with me? Of course, I was surprised, but agreed to. While her man photographed us, the people from all over the beach, 20-30 people, ran towards us and everyone wanted to be photographed with me - men did selfie with my husband, women and children clung close to me: )))



I want to say that this is one of the brightest and most pleasant memories of my life! They were polite, modest, pleasant to talk people and everyone thanked me for the photo. In fact, then I had to take run away, even with a smile, even with shouting "Goodbye." The flow of people wanting me to be photographed with them simply had no end...








Supplies from Mixed Media Place:




I loved the quote from mood board, so I decided to put it on my work. I wanted to become a focal point, so I used for my work, not a lot of extras. On a black cardboard, done background   with the help of gesso, mists and stencils.



I added a lot of drops, a few pieces of paper and corrugated cardboard.







Under the picture I added sisal covered gesso and I added him micro balls and mist.


Supplies from Mixed Media Place:








Hello Dear creative souls

Today I'll show you my interpretation of Creative Gym #18 at Mixed Media Place.
I decided to give vintage style a go.

Here is my art Journal. Remember to look below the photos, because I created a video for you.



First of all I have chosen a collection, I wanted to work with - gorgeous collection from 7 Dots Studio - Cold Country.
I had lots of fun with stencils and the great texture Paste from Prima.



Than I have added even more texture with plaster, thread and Prima lace.



I have added also some stickers and tags from Cold Country collection.


I made then a mixture of gesso and water and added some splatters.


A small touch of Mica Powder and artisan powder and we have an old-fashioned look.
Do not forget about stamps to add some interesting details.

Enjoy my video :)



I wish you a very creative day
Cindy


Supplies from Mixed Media Place:




Hello everyone!
Our April Creative Gym is very inspiring!
I made motivaton card for the one very special person:)


The many layers of my favorite Verano Azur Collection by 7dots Studio, flowers, bright colors made the volume for my card

I made interesting texture with TCW slencil and 3D Gloss Gel. Also I added glass topping.


The grey accents I made with enamel dots by Fabrika Decoru. And a few color splashes with LindyStampGang spray.



Supplies from Mixed Media Place:







Except the color, and highly-rated spring, the sentence reminded me at once my husband who brings me a lot of enjoyment and love since 10 years... That's why you can find on my project the bulb "enjoy" and the number " 74 " (his year of birth)!!









Here is my video tutorial for you:




Supplies from Mixed Media Place:






I have a couple of art-journals, but usually I fill them up inside and keep their covers blank. This time I decided to swim against the tide and I embellished one of my art-journal covers.


I layered many different media to create an effect, you can see. I haven't prepared any video, but below detailed photos you will find list of supplies I have used, that you can find helpful.













* * *


Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until May 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of May.

Have a great day!







12 comments:

  1. wow Amazing Creativity for all girls. I'm in love with all projects. Thanks For sharring:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous work ladies this month!!!Very inspiring and so creative projects!!Love them all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These projects are all gorgeous! Love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing projects ladies! Thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous inspiration and a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge and love all the DT projects. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you tell me if there is a limit to the number of entries for your challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you tell me if there is a limit to the number of entries for your challenge?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.