Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-07-20

July challenge


Summer is in full swing and most of us has left already or soon will leave for vacation. We hope you find some time to join our current challenge - relaxed, refreshed and inspired :)

You can create any type of project you wish - ATC, layout, card, canvas, off the page project, collage, art-journal spread and more.

Inspiration from our Design Team:





Hello dears! When I looked this mood-board, the first thing that caught my eye was a quote. This quote inspired me to create something personal, something about myself. So I choose to create a layout with my own photo, actually only with my eyes :). This is the only part that I really like in my appearance :)



First I choose a paper (7 Dots Studio - Fortune-teller - Sunny) for the background, primed it with a coat of Clear Gesso. Then I placed my photo and played with a background stamps around it. Next I applied a modeling paste trough stencil. I also mixed Art Alchemy paints with texture powder and 3D Gel to create a colored texture paste. After drying I build a composition around the photo, using different elements (pieces of papers, chipboard die cuts, stickers and more) which have some emotional meaning for me. At the end, to connect all components together, I also added a Glass Beads, eyelets and splashes with Art Alchemy Metallique and Sparks paints.









Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hello everyone! This mood board is so gorgeous and has so many themes, but I decided to choose feminine and architectural. I really like this cute house, stunning garden in purple tones and  quote about beauty and women.









Wish you good mood and a lot of inspiration! Hugs, Nadya

Mixed Media Place supplies:







Hello everyone! I made a set of four postcards "Forest Fairy Tale". I also prepared a video tutorial for you. I wish you infinite inspiration!








My video:



We are waiting for you in our challenge.

Mixed Media Place supplies:




For this month challenge I decided to create a tag - as always there is video tutorial at the bottom of my part in today blogpost. New Finnabair Impasto Paints are totally awesome and they are such a great pair with 7 Dots Studio papers, that are thick and work with media extremely well! In my video you can see that I am using Hazy Days collection - one of two newest, both available in Mixed Media Place store. 











Here is my video:



Mixed Media Place supplies:



* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until August 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of August.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for September!!

Have a great day!



8 comments:

  1. I have no words to say how much it is perfect! Very beautiful works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work girls! Love every single piece of art. The mood board is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In awe of all these creations! What inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning reveal Ladies!! I love this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the beautiful challenge and stunning inspirations from all of you! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing all projects!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALL beautiful projects, but Nadya's really speaks to me! Love this Nadya! I couldn't find it on your blog, so have to leave you a comment here.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.